I’m Greek, so it’s time to share my ultimate Greek salad recipe (aka “horiatiki”).
Ingredients (for 2)
* 1 beef tomato
* 1/3 of a small cucumber, peeled
* 1/6 of a green bell pepper
* 1/6 of a large onion
* 1/4 feta cheese (~50 grams)
* 6 olives
* oregano, some lemon juice, a bit of salt
* 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
1. Cut the tomato in 6 vertical slices. Cut the cucumber in round, thin-ish slices. Cut the green pepper in thin vertical slices. Cut the red onion in vertical slices (not too thin). Cut the cheese in cubes. Place all above ingredients and the 6 olives into a big salad bowl.
2. Sprinkle with the oregano, lemon juice and salt. Add the olive oil. Mix well.
Tip: If you don’t have the time to prepare the salad when also preparing lunch/dinner, after step 1 you can secure the bowl with a transparent wrap paper and place it in your fridge. As long as the step 2 ingredients have not being mixed into the bowl, the salad’s ingredients can keep fresh for up to 5 hours!