This is a traditional southern France vegetarian dish that I first had at JBQ’s grandmother place. Awesome veggie power!
Ingredients (for 1)
* 1/3 of an eggplant
* 1/2 of a small zucchini
* 1/4 of a green bell pepper
* 1/4 of a yellow bell pepper
* 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
* herbes de Provence
* 1 big tomato
* 2 shallots, chopped
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* black pepper & salt to taste
* 1 Tbspoon olive oil
1. Cut in small cubes the eggplant, zucchini, ball peppers and tomato and set aside.
2. Under medium heat add the oil, and saute the onions and garlic. Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C).
3. Add the cube’d vegetables in the pan and stir. Sprinkle a bit of black pepper, salt and herbes de Provence.
4. Continue stir-frying in the pan for 3 more minutes and then add the vegetable broth juice.
5. Take a small, shallow baking dish and pour the ingredients into it. Bake for 30 minutes until most broth has evaporated. Serve hot or cold.