Fried vegetables is a nice snack or dinner, but it still needs to eaten only on occasion. We had this today on our picnic. The great thing about this recipe is its versatility: you can add any kind of root or tuber, along with some veggies.
Ingredients (makes 8 fritters)
* 1 egg
* 2 zucchini, shredded
* 1 carrot, shredded
* choice of other shredded roots/tubers: potato, yams, turnip, parsnip, rutabaga, kohlrabi
* choice of “riced” veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, peas, onion (optional)
* 2 tablespoons of almond flour (optional)
* salt & pepper
* 1 teaspoon of paprika (optional)
* 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheddar (optional)
* 1/3 cup of avocado oil
1. Add some salt on the shredded zucchini, and set aside for 10 minutes. Afterwards, using your hands, squeeze as much water from it as possible. The less water you have there, the better the fritters will hold together.
2. Add all ingredients together in a big bowl (except the oil), and blend together well. Start forming burger-size patties.
3. Fry with some oil under medium heat for a few minutes, until well browned underneath, and then carefully turn them and fry for a few more minutes. Remove to a kitchen towel (to absorb the oil) for a few minutes, and eat hot or cold.