Here’s another way to lie to yourself that you’re eating meat, hehe… Although to be honest, it’s a recipe that holds on is own. Some people have reported that it tastes like chicken, but I think that it tastes more like artichoke, rather than meat.
Ingredients (for 2)
* 1 can of jackfruit in water (not brine or syrup)
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon of onion powder
* other spices of your choice
* 1 Tbspoon avocado or olive oil
* 1 cup of vegetable broth
* 1/2 cup of gluten-free, low sugar, bbq sauce (or make your own)
1. Drain the jackfruit can and rinse in a colander. Cut out and discard the woody triangle end of each piece.
2. Using your fingers, or two forks, “pull” the “pork” apart. Add the spices, and coat well using your hands.
3. Place in a frying pan, with a little of oil, and cook until all juices have evaporated, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable broth and the bbq sauce, cover the pan, and cook until all juices have evaporated and the mixture resembles that of a pulled pork, about 30 minutes.
5. Serve hot, in romaine lettuce leaves, or in oopsie buns, along a coleslaw.