One of my favorite Irish recipes.
Image courtesy of OurLifeInFood
* 1 head cauliflower (or 2 yellow yams, or 2 rutabagas, or 3 parsnips)
* Splash milk or kefir
* 1 leek, chopped
* 1 cup of thinly sliced cabbage
* 1/4th stick butter or ghee
* salt & pepper
1. Cut the cauliflower in florets. Boil it for 10-15 minutes until soft. Strain it, place in a large bowl, add the splash of milk/kefir, and use an immersion mixer to puree until smooth. Season with salt & pepper.
2. Add the leek and cabbage to the pan with butter. Cook for a few minutes until all of the vegetables are softened.
3. Mix in the pan the puree with the veggies. Cook enough to heat through, sprinkle with chives, and serve.
Variation: Make it even more interesting by also frying some thinly sliced mushrooms in step 2, and adding a bit of lemon at step 3.