This fresh string-beans dish only very few calories, but if you prefer it with a bit more substance you can add some turnip or rutabaga in it.
Ingredients (for 1)
* 300 gr green beans
* 100 gr of peeled rutabaga or turnip
* 1 medium-size tomato
* A bit of chopped onion
* 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
* salt and pepper to taste
1. With a kitchen knife cut and throw away the two edges of each bean. Wash the beans and the tubers.
2. Cut the tubers into small cubes. Finally-chop the onion and tomato (or use a cheese grater for the tomato).
3. In a pan under medium heat add all ingredients and 2-3 cups of water or even better, bone broth. Stir a few times.
4. Cover the pan and let it simmer until the veggies have cooked through and the tomato sauce is thickened. Serve hot.