These banana pancakes are the best, and I prefer them over traditional flour pancakes. They’re less stuffy and more flavorful, and of course, way healthier.
For a keto version, remove the banana, use the otherwise optional almond flour & baking powder, and sweeten the batter with monk fruit or erythritol.
Plain banana and egg pancake.
Ingredients (makes 6 pancakes)
* 2 egg whites
* 2 large eggs
* 1 large banana
* 1.5 to 2 teaspoons of butter
* 2 tbspoons of almond flour (optional)
* 1 tsp of baking powder (optional)
* Raw honey to taste (optional)
1. In a blender, mix the eggs/whites and the banana well. Make sure you use egg whites, it’s what will make the pancake to hold together without using flour. Optionally, to make the batter more classic and “flour-y”, you can add almond flour and baking powder along a tablespoon of water.
2. Cut a small piece of the butter and coat a non-stick pan under low-to-medium heat. Then pour a bit of the mixture on the pan too and cover it. Turn carefully after a minute or so using a wide spatula, and cook for 30 more seconds. Remove and set aside on a plate.
3. Repeat step #2 until all the batter is gone. Serve hot with berries and raw, unfiltered & local honey (that’s the best kind).
The version above has almond flour and blueberries in it.