These are by far my most favorite greens. While the amaranth seeds aren’t Paleo/Pegan (due to being the same family as quinoa), its green leaves are game. Here’s how we eat these in Greece.
* a big bunch of amaranth leaves
* some salt
* Extra virgin olive oil
* Fresh lemon juice
1. Wash the amaranth leaves in cold water and drain.
2. Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot (filled halfway).
3. Boil until soft, for 20-30 minutes, turning them twice. Drain.
4. Place some of the leaves on a plate, drizzle with some olive oil, and lemon juice. Enjoy hot or cold (do not reheat)!