No reason for extra carbs that don’t hold major nutritional value. Here’s a high fat, low carb, crustless version of the traditional chicken pot pie. Came out great tonight!
Ingredients (for 4 people)
* 1/3rd of already roasted boneless chicken or duck pieces
* 1 large rutabaga, cut in small cubes
* 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
* 1/2 cup of green beans, cut in small pieces
* 1 small shallot, finely chopped
* 50 gr (1.5 tbspoons) of butter
* 1 large Tablespoon of almond flour (or 1.5 teaspoons of tapioca or arrowroot flour)
* 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
* 2/3 cup of sour cream
* 1 Tbspoon of Parmesan cheese
* 1 cup of chicken bone broth
* mozzarella cheese as a topping
* salt & pepper
1. Boil the rutabaga, carrots, and beans under medium heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Strain it. Preheat the oven at 425 F (270 C).
2. On a large pot add the butter and the onion. Let the onion become translucent under medium heat.
3. Add the flour, garlic powder, and bone broth, and then slowly add the cream, parmesan while stirring.
4. When it starts to thicken quite a bit, turn off the heat, add the chicken pieces and the veggies, and salt & pepper. Stir.
5. Transfer the whole thing on a baking dish, and add mozzarella on top. Bake until golden brown on top.