One of the most popular low carb bread recipes out there. The taste is like a French brioche. Great by themselves for breakfast, or for your burgers.
Ingredients (for 6 pieces)
* 6 egg whites, and 3 egg yolks (separated)
* 100 gr of butter
* 120 gr of almond flour
* 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
* some salt
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F, and on the stove, melt the butter slowly.
2. Beat the egg whites with the baking powder on High speed, for about 4-5 minutes, until soft peaks form.
3. On a separate bowl, add the egg yolks, butter, salt, and almond flour. Mix well.
4. Add the second bowl ingredients to the first egg-whites bowl, and mix everything together.
5. Pour on muffin or bread bun silicon trays, and bake until golden brown (about 20-30 mins). Let cool on cooling rack. Store in the fridge.
Note: For a less-brioche texture, and more bread-y texture, mix by hand all the ingredients together, and at the same time, without using a hand mixer. Use all 6 egg yolks too.