Chicken of the woods wild mushrooms seem to be the most amazing mushrooms I ever had. I got them at eBay for $20 (80 gr, dried). They truly taste like meat! In my opinion, that’s the healthiest “meat” alternative for veg*ns, and not all these terrible soy-based processed cr@p, or even worse, that seitan nightmare.
I re-hydrated about 6 of them and cooked them with butternut squash tonight. The whole dish was absolutely amazing with the fresh herbs from my garden. Highly recommended.
* 1 small butternut squash, peeled, cubed
* A small handful of rehydrated chicken of woods, porcini, or chanterelles
* Oregano, savory, sage, mint, rosemary to taste, preferably fresh
* Salt & pepper to taste
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* Juice of 1/2 a lemon (optional)
1. Place and mix all ingredients into a small baking pan, with 1/2 cup of water. Cook on 400 F (205 C) for 30 minutes. Enjoy!