One of my favorite foods, is mash. Super-easy to make! I made a batch tonight, using 2 turnips, 1 rutabaga, and just half of a purple yam. It turned everything a beautiful purple color. I kept some for tomorrow, and I froze the rest.
* Any roots or bulbs you have around: white potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, parsnips, kohlrabi
* 1/4th stick of butter
* 1/4th cup of kefir or coconut milk
* Salt & pepper
1. Peel, wash, and cut the roots in cubes.
2. Boil in water for about 20 minutes under medium to high heat.
3. Drain, and place in a large bowl. Add the butter, kefir, salt & pepper.
4. Using an immersion mixer, mix everything well.
5. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 2 days, or freeze in plastic boxes.