These breakfast muffins were the original craze in the Paleo community back in 2012. The idea is that you can make them ahead of time, refrigerate them, and then you microwave some of them for a few seconds in the morning, for breakfast.
Ingredients (makes 12, 3 gr of carbs each)
* 6 eggs
* 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
* Some cheddar or Swiss cheese, or 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
* 2 green onions
* 1 tspoon avocado or olive oil
* Salt & pepper to taste
* A cup (overall) of broccoli, bell peppers, yam, spinach, zucchini… Use whatever fast-cooking veggie you need to get rid of from your fridge
1. In a big bowl whisk well the eggs, with the optional grated cheese or coconut milk. Then sprinkle salt & pepper to your taste.
2. Cut the green onions, mushrooms and vegetables in small pieces. Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C).
3. Place the chopped vegetable ingredients in a frying pan and fry in medium heat for 3-4 minutes with some avocado oil, while stirring often. If you’re frying potatoes/yams, cook them first for a while, before adding the other veggies.
4. Using a large spoon, pour the fried ingredients in the cupcake/muffin pan holders, using equal amounts for each. Then, using a ladle, pour the egg mixture on top of each the muffin holder.
5. Bake for ~20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the holders immediately and let cool. Then refrigerate for up to 3-4 days, and if wished, each morning microwave for 15 to 30 secs (depending on the microwave unit) the quantity you need for breakfast.